Airfix 1/32 17 Pounder

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
KSaarni
Elite Member

Re: Airfix 1/32 17 Pounder

Post by KSaarni »

Stikpusher wrote:John, Bruce, thanks for the votes of confidence on my figure painting skills. I know I can make them look decent. I just want them to look better than decent. We shall see what I can actually pull off.
And here we go...
:popcorn:

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Stikpusher wrote: Kari, that looks like a book that I’d love to read. That is one of those battles that fascinates me, and I like to read whatever that I find on the subject. I would love to visit there one day.
I finally started to read the book some evenings ago... and must say it is excellent stuff (as expected)!
One thing I have "learned" during the first 50 pages is, that the author Antony Beevor does not have any positive things to tell about Field Marshal B Montgomery...

- Kari
---
On the bench:

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Sounds like “The Coldest Winter”. That book is about the first portion of the Korean War. It’s a great read, but the author is definitely not neutral about MacArthur, nor his staff. I have seen that sort of writing more and more in today’s “histories” as opposed to older works. The current crop of war authors are more opinionated in their writing and less objective in presenting facts and letting the reader form their own opinion.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Kari, I also knew another Brit who was part of our IPMS club for awhile that also panned Field Marshall Montgomery. I'm not surprised. Anyway, great job on the gun Carlos, and I'm certain you'll be able to do justice to the crew. Can't wait to see more.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Mark, was that Leigh that you’re talking about?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Detail painting today... enamels... the tires and base color of the tow ropes. Today was temps in the low 50’s in my work area and high humidity due to rain... the paints were drying very slowly...

I’ll get more done tomorrow...

FLSM
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

This keeps getting better, how are the figures coming.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Stikpusher wrote: Image
Gets better and better!

Those ropes look already now great, even before any further or final "processing" of them has started!
Very good pictures, as you can see so clearly those tonal variations in the build, very very good !

- Kari
---
On the bench:

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Kari. But I do need to drybrush some Hemp highlights into the ropes. As well as add the metal portions of the loop ends. And I still need to paint that shovel,on the trail leg... :hmm: metal and wood... and I still need to get cracking on those figures... :headslap:

FLSM
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

And maybe a dark wash on the rope too to highlight the braid?
John aka JKim
-----------<><

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”