Revell '56 Ford F-100-COMPLETED PHOTOS!!!! 01/01

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
mustang1989

Revell '56 Ford F-100-COMPLETED PHOTOS!!!! 01/01

Post by mustang1989 »

I've been eying this kit for a while now and decided to make my move on it last month. Since then I've bought this kit still sealed in the box, a partially built kit for hacking and cutting purposes to drop the rear suspension where I want it and narrow the differential to tuck those fat tires under the fender where they are supposed to be, and a third kit just for spare parts. Additionally I bought a 70 Boss 429 Mustang kit for the engine and transmission. I've also got a set of resin Weld Draglite wheels to replace the kit wheels. All in all it promises to be a tricky but fun build.

Here's the kit:

Last edited by mustang1989 on Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:25 pm, edited 78 times in total.
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: Revell '56 Ford F-100 "Street Demons" series

Post by Stuart »

If this is anything like the Challenger it'll be superb...

:popcorn: :writing:

I see what you mean about the rear wheels on the box - they don't look like they're supposed to be sticking out like that...
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks portman! The rear wheel and tire will sit somewhere around here when done.....

mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

As of now I had to ditch the idea of the trailing arm suspension just because it just wouldn't work here. What I did do instead was, from my way of thinking, a little unorthodox in the fact that I removed the original spring perches from the build frame and graphed the ones from the spare parts frame onto the one from the build. I know it's not :quotes: correct :quotes: but I'll be able to lower the rear suspension down about 1/4" to put the wheel/ tire assy where I want it and have about 1/8" tweeking room. I've still got to brace them up a little better with some spare resin stock that I've got to clean up the appearance and have to trim up some on the truck bed so that it sits all the way down on the frame in the front (about 1/32"-1/16") but here's the current progress so I can at least show that I'm building on this.

and a little closer:

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Joe, I'm tellin' mom!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

:giggles:
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

I like the mean look of that truck. But please avoid these flames... :mrgreen:
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks mostrich! It's gonna look a lot better with the rear tires tucked under the rear fender and the whole thing dropped down low. As for the flames..................hell that's half of the appeal!!! lol
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Well folks it's definitely update time. I'll post the major update pic first that has green callout lines. I didn't label the lines but I'll start with the lines starting at the front of the frame and work towards the rear.

Here we go:

For line #1 at the radiator core support area I cut out the large area so that my belt, pulleys and fan would have a place to sit in place.

At line #2 I cut out the transmission cross member and relocated the cross member to the 4 speed transmission mount location.

At the 3rd line I relocated the rear leaf spring front perch on top of the frame and the 4th line is where I relocated the rear spring perch on top of the frame.

The transmission sits in like so:

I've still gotta install fabricated motor mounts from the frame to the engine but this is where that's gonna sit: (this body is ONLY used as part of the test fitting)

A little crooked but I'll straighten that out:

The biggest worry I have right now is the exhaust but I'll get past it.
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

ooh neat!
Every take-off has a landing...some are just better than others

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”