The Order: 1886 - SIR GALAHAD

Here is the place to show off the progress on your figurines and dioramas.
tigrazor
Addicted Member

The Order: 1886 - SIR GALAHAD

Post by tigrazor »

Hi all.

London 1886. A rainy, foggy afternoon. Just imagine you wake up in a lousy room, cold, humid and empty. You dont know where you are and why. Some unknown guys punish you - not good. What happened? Whats the story?

Thats the story:

Although the game seems to be a bit linear, the story is freaking awesome, and the details are as well - just right for me as a steampunk nerd. Yes, thats right. Or just consequent. ;)

Im pretty new in modelling figures by myself, so please forgive me a little bit of freedom of art here and there. The figure will be made of PE parts, photographic paper (belts, buckles, ...) and most important: Green Stuff. No sticky fingers, eh?

The target:

The state so far:

Last edited by Thomas_M on Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited Youtube link - Thomas_M
"Did you really pay a big amount of money for only half a figure?!"

FB: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002809527929
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Re: The Order: 1886 - SIR GALAHAD

Post by scorpiomikey »

Nice work so far. Shame the game sucked so hard.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

neat character design!
Every take-off has a landing...some are just better than others
tigrazor
Addicted Member

Post by tigrazor »

You played it? Tell me more. :)

I dont own the PS4 but found it over a lets play on YT. The character design is brilliant but the game itself is a bit linear, pity. It seems that the programmers wanted to put everything in one game, maybe - why are there lycans and vampires? Underworld meets Sherlock Holmes or so. :D Jekyll & Hyde would have fit better - but what do I know? ;)

Most intersting is the character of Mr. Tesla in this game - the most misunderstood scientist of its time, if you ask me. Hes inventing and delivering the weapons fot the Order. In real life he invented the light bulb - and Edison stole his invention for hes a businessman. At least they say so. Tesla wanted to invent a machine thats delivering energy for everyone for free too - it never happened.

The weapons of this game are really cool too. And I have to be careful here - the most stunning one is the energy bolter or whatever its name is - it fires a massive lightning bolt! Very filigrane and very hard to recreate - nothing for me. A very effective AND possible weapon thats in my range of ability ;) is the thermite gun. Massive. Heavy. And dont you dare to get in its fire range - it will fire thermite dust, then a bullet will fire up the dust and a massive explosion will follow:

:shoot:

scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

The game is very very very pretty, and there are some good elements. But its completable in 6 hours, only half of which is game play. Its so unbelievably linear you may as well not play it. It may as well be a really really long movie. I felt like it would have been more fun if it had been an arcade shooter (like time crisis) you're given about the same amount of options.
As for the storyline, i have no idea, i didnt get far enough in to get much of the story before i gave it up in disgust.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
tigrazor
Addicted Member

Post by tigrazor »

:D Yeah, that sounds a bit frustrating.

Meanwhile on the bench...

CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

woah! what is that orange thing?
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

It looks like the rubber grip from a pen?
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

woah! double post!

stupid computer..... :ballbat:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

tigrazor wrote:Hi all.

London 886 AD. A rainy, foggy afternoon. Just imagine you wake up in a lousy room, cold, humid and empty. You dont know where you are and why. Some unknown guys punish you - not good. What happened? Whats the story?
"... and here at Castle Anthrax, we have but one punishment..."

I see :quotes: Sir Galahad :quotes: and got all excited...

But very nice work on your figure so far sir :shoutout:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Work In Progress: Figures and Dios”