Airshow tomorrow

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
LyleW
Admin

Airshow tomorrow

Post by LyleW »

down at the river. Should be streamed on www.wave3.com, www.whas11.com, www.wdrb.com or www.wlky.com. Been hearing what sounded like thunder...it has been the Blue Angels practicing. By the time I get to a window, they are gone. Working ain't always all it is cracked up to be.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Fermis
Addicted Member

Re: Airshow tomorrow

Post by Fermis »

LyleW wrote: Working ain't always all it is cracked up to be.

.....unless you're a Blue Angels pilot!!!
nathant
Advanced Member

Post by nathant »

...yes, the Blue Angels can afford Jet A again!
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Too bad the US no longer fly the F-14 Tomcat! At least one should have been kept flyable. What a sight back then in Midland, TX.

Lyle, if there is a B-1 flying get us some pictures!
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I am not going down. It is a couple hundred thousand people...or way more. who knows. I will be content to watch it on TV. They will also be flying the F-22. Looks like the F-35 ain't coming.

Here is the line-up http://thunderoverlouisville.org/in-the-air/
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

In the metro area there are a bit over a million. boy was I wrong. wiki quotes an average attendance of 625K. It is also the largest fireworks show in North America and one of the biggest Airshows. so a lot of people come. There has been trouble this year with flash mobs of poor misguided youth. In one night 15-18 incidents happened in that general area lat week. They seem to think it is a black gang full of wanna be the toughest guys in town. I have not desire to be exposed to that possibility. I don't like those sorts of crowds, either.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Fermis wrote:
LyleW wrote: Working ain't always all it is cracked up to be.

.....unless you're a Blue Angels pilot!!!
Great point! Or just about any paid, flying job.

Return to “Free Discussion”