Akuyaku

Show of your completed sci-fi products here.
mlp
Advanced Member

Akuyaku

Post by mlp »

This piece I also made a while back, but as this section is almost empty I thought I could put it up here.

It's the Tasca AKUXAU in 1/72 scale

For those not knowing this: Akuyaku was created by Miyazaki a quite known comic and Anime artist. Miyazaki submitted material for publication in Model Graphix and BG-1 which was featured in the Jan. 1985 issue where he mused about what would be the pefect tank for a villian to lumber about the countryside with. Miyazaki's meandering and captivating notes of various weapons of war and the dramatic depictions of people who fought in them were collected into a paper bound book titled "Hayao Miyazaki's Miscellaneous Thoughts Notebook" (Japanese title: "Miyazaki Hayao no Zassou Nooto.") One of the storylines featured in this series did turn into an animation project. Porco Rosso was originally featured in this series as "The Era of Flying Boats."

This tank is only featured on two pages in the book out of 128 pages.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayao_Miyazaki

some more pics and the making of at my blog at http://malepo.blogspot.de/search/label/Akuyaku
Cheers
Martin

Welcome to my blog
mostrich
Admin

Re: Akuyaku

Post by mostrich »

*Affirmative grunting*

Pigs at war, I love it on first sight. Did the figures come with the kit?
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
mlp
Advanced Member

Post by mlp »

Thanks! yep those did come with the kit. There were at least 2 different packs of that kit, one with only 3 pigs and a second with all you can see here. It pops up from time to time in Japan.
Cheers
Martin

Welcome to my blog
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

And now for something completely different.

Outside my knowledge and comfort zone, but you sure can see the talent and skill here.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mlp
Advanced Member

Post by mlp »

Thanks a lot! appreciate it
Cheers
Martin

Welcome to my blog
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Who knew a pig could be so "threatening"? Love it. MadDog's Gnomes have some competition....
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
tigrazor
Addicted Member

Post by tigrazor »

We have to meet personally. Really, Im not kidding. Bavaria isnt too far from Saxony. :D
"Did you really pay a big amount of money for only half a figure?!"

FB: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002809527929
mlp
Advanced Member

Post by mlp »

Thanks ya two!
tigrazor wrote:We have to meet personally. Really, Im not kidding. Bavaria isnt too far from Saxony. :D
:) yep it isn't and sure we can meet but you'll be disappointed I'm affraid. This and the Orion are the only SF alike I've done.

But next year we could make u a date at the new modelshow Traudel is organizing in FFB.
Cheers
Martin

Welcome to my blog
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Cool! I have seen several of Miyazaki's movies but never knew of the notebook and this fantastic design. Beautifully excecuted.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Completed Builds: Sci-Fi”