Eduard Leaks

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
mostrich
Admin

Re: Eduard Leaks

Post by mostrich »

There are some news about the redesign of Eduards Bf 190G kits:
Vladimir Sulc (Info Eduard January 2015-Editorial) wrote:(...) The rework is nearing completion. Aside from the overall dimensions of the kit, which was the base problem of the original, we also re-visited some other aspects of the kit. The wing to fuselage fairing has been modified to correspond with that most often seen on the G-6 variant. We redesigned the rear part of the fuselage behind the cockpit to address criticism levied against the fuselage outline at about the second former after the canopy. While we were at it, we modified the progression of the individual fuselage segments to better represent the appearance of the real thing. We did the same through to the front of the aircraft. We re-measured the whole thing,
systematically photographed it and, last but not least, we got down and dirty with it prior to redesigning the kit. None of this was a particularly simple affair, but the end result is more than interesting and I am certain that most modelers will be rather pleasantly surprised. I am looking forward to releasing the information surrounding this updated effort, including details of the study of the real McCoy, via our now typical and sometimes controversial marketing campaign. There will be much to explain, the result will raise eyebrows, will be fresh and will be effective. Realistically, I expect to release this puppy in the fall, likely with an E-day premiere. (...)
We'll see...
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

The Spitfire Mk.VIII will be released in March, Mk.XVI follows in the fall. Extended wingtips included.
And a new tooled SE-5a. All quarterscale.

Oh, and the MiG-21 family comes in 1/72.
Manny1943
Addicted Member

Post by Manny1943 »

JimD wrote:Oh silly Eduard. They were so insistent there was nothing wrong with the initial 109 release. Remember how nasty they were on social media? If there was nothing wrong with it why fix it?
One of three things:

1) They felt it in their pocketbook (money drives everything)...
2) It took this long for their egos to accept the fact that they screwed up BIG TIME...
3) This is an elaborate marketing ploy to get everyone whipped up into a frenzy, and to have to buy two 109s from them to get one accurate version. Twice the sales...
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

No arguments there Manny. All good points.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

Unless I missed it in there, did they fix the landing gear issues? I thought that was the main compaint?
Can you fly this plane and land it? Surely you can't be serious? I am serious, and don't call me Shirley
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

lawdog114 wrote:Unless I missed it in there, did they fix the landing gear issues? (...)
Not yet. We'll know about it when they're going to release the revised version in the fall of this year.
Manny1943
Addicted Member

Post by Manny1943 »

mostrich wrote:
lawdog114 wrote:Unless I missed it in there, did they fix the landing gear issues? (...)
Not yet. We'll know about it when they're going to release the revised version in the fall of this year.
Good point. I haven't read the original article but from the exerpt I've read in here there is no mention of it. I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict they won't, based on how badly they botched the original kit and also they've reacted to feedback lately...the landing gear issue is the one point they consistantly and inexplicably seem to ignore in the few instances that they admit to screwing the pooch...and, to me, it is the BIGGEST error...

I sorta hope they don't fix it for a few reasons:

1) They don't desrve a second chance...because of the way they reacted to the original critiques.
2) I don't want them to get my money twice for one kit...
3) I'm beginning to enjoy their failure because of the arrogance they displayed...I guess they felt they could do no wrong...
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Interesting points of view, Manny. I do believe I agree with them. A reissue with an apology might work, but don't hold your breath, huh?
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Modeling Discussion”