Dragon 1/35 Panzer III

Here is the place to show of your finished armor products.
lawman56
Advanced Member

Dragon 1/35 Panzer III

Post by lawman56 »

Continuing in my "more love for armor" theme, I glanced through my pics, and found this diorama. I had built it for as a trade with a friend that worked at a printer. He wanted this built to display, and I needed more copies of my 1941, (amended 1942), survey map of Ft. Bragg, and aerial (blimp) photo of Bragg from the same time frame, that I had received from the post historian, (more on that another time). He had purchased the Cyber Hobby Afrika Korps Panzer with crew, and just wanted it assembled and painted. Of course, I had to do more. After all, what's a tank and crew without a setting?

Once again, I apologize for my lack of thought in my photography. I just wanted to document it, in case I needed to repair it.

The title? "A Brief Respite". Depicts a DAK crew, taking a break during re-arming after action, somewhere in North Africa.

The only things I purchased for the diorama, were the palm trees, spent casings, ammo and ammo crates. The rest came with the kit. Including the dog and lizard!

I added the uniform markings from a set of decals I had purchased previously for a project that never materialized. The base is a piece of scrap plywood, painted tan and coated with white glue, then covered with some play sand from the grandkids sandbox, (shhhhh). The rocks are plaster castings from my model railroad molds, glued together and glued to the base.

Here you can see some of the Panzer Grey I drybrushed onto the tank. Throughout most of the early days of the war, German Panzers were painted grey first, then , once assigned to a unit in North Africa, they were oversprayed tan or khaki, marked, and shipped. Anyone who has spent time in the desert, especially in sandstorms, knows that wind blown sand is a fantastic scouring medium! It would not take long, at all, for the tan to start wearing off.

As always, thanks for looking!
Joe

Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Thomas_M
Admin

Re: Dragon 1/35 Panzer III

Post by Thomas_M »

Lack of photography? :?: Joe, I only see a wonderful diorama!
Like this lizard! :)
LyleW
Admin

Re: Dragon 1/35 Panzer III

Post by LyleW »

It is as if you were there! What a tremendous build and dio!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Completed Builds: Armor”