Haven't been on much

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Haven't been on much

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Spent the day with the wife in ER yesterday with stomach pain. Come to find out she needed emergency appendectomy.

Surgery went well and my wife has been released to come home today. She is now home resting comfortably.

Yesterday while I was in ER, I put out a phone call to work to let them know I'm not coming into work on Tuesday (today) and found out there had been an medical emergency at my work place as well. A co-worker in another department had a heart attack and it didn't look good. Just as I hung up, they had wheeled the co-worker in. I later found out she had died DOA this morning when I called back to find out any news. I suspected that while in ER as drk and staff left the room she was put in.
I also found out this morning, another co-worker suffered a tragedy as well. He and his wife lost their child during a routine checkup on Monday when they did not find a heartbeat. The baby was due in early December.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
mostrich
Admin

Re: Haven't been on much

Post by mostrich »

Strange, isn't it? There are years or even decades (when you're young) when nobody in your familiy or closer surrounding dies or even suffers on serious deseases. Then there are THOSE years you could argue the Reaper himself is walking through your life.

I'm glad your wife is ok. The rest of the story is pure tragedy. Above all the dead of a child is always touching. Rest in peace, little fellow. Maybe in another life...
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I'm happy to hear that your wife will be ok. I am sorry to hear of the loss of a coworker. Life rains on some while giving warm sun to others, and we can never know why. Enjoy every moment that you can with friends and family.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Thomas I hope your wife is well. My thoughts are with you in this tough time
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Here's wishing a speedy recovery for your wife!
Gary
Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

Very sorry to hear of your loss...lost my stepfather in September...I will not be sad to see 2016 go
Mike
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

Sorry to hear about your very difficult week,I'm glad your wife is okan.
I was supposed to go up your way last weekend,Cooperstown,but we had to cancel because my 93 yr old father in law is in a decline.

Yes real life definitely can cut into bench time and even suck the desire to build out of you.
Wishing you better times.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Glad your wife is recuperating at home! I know that she is in good hands.

Sorry to hear of your friend's passing and the couple losing their child. Those are tragedies. Prayers all around for you and your friends.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Back to the ER this morning due to a rash around below her breasts an stomach area. They put her on IVs and prescribed meds to help with allergic reaction. Most likely from antibiotics. Never a dull moment... The good news is we were able to make it to her sister's house for Thanksgiving dinner with plenty of time to spare.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I haven't been able to reply much, but I'm glad your wife is doing better. I shall keep her in my prayers. I'm also glad you had a good Thanksgiving.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Free Discussion”