Incredible 1:12 Formula 1 build

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
wjkunert
Advanced Member

Incredible 1:12 Formula 1 build

Post by wjkunert »

http://www.f1m.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=27393

This is a link to an ongoing build on a F1 forum I visit. The builder was trained as a micro surgeon so he is comfortable working with magnifiers. His detail work is fantastic. The whole thing is at 19 pages but well worth going through. Check out his painted figure on page 7. He's been at this since November 2016 and is doing museum quality work. It's not airplanes but it's awfully good.
  When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Incredible 1:12 Formula 1 build

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Holy Mother of God!!! :yikes: I am utterly speechless!!! Incredible work indeed!!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

wjkunert wrote: He's been at this since November 2016 and is doing museum quality work.
It's funny how we say "museum quality work". After visits to numerous museums here and there, I honestly think that models on sites like your link and here and elsewhere, are higher quality than in many museums. A couple of weeks ago I was in San Francisco and I had a chance to visit the SS Jeremiah O'Brian. They had a nice large scale of the model of the ship in a small museum outside of the ship. Let's just say that on close up examiniation it was not that impressive quality of work. I remember thinking the same thing at several other museums when I saw their models of whatever.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That's pretty impressive work - the guy must have a real passion for his subject.
Stikpusher wrote:
wjkunert wrote: He's been at this since November 2016 and is doing museum quality work.
It's funny how we say "museum quality work". After visits to numerous museums here and there, I honestly think that models on sites like your link and here and elsewhere, are higher quality than in many museums. A couple of weeks ago I was in San Francisco and I had a chance to visit the SS Jeremiah O'Brian. They had a nice large scale of the model of the ship in a small museum outside of the ship. Let's just say that on close up examiniation it was not that impressive quality of work. I remember thinking the same thing at several other museums when I saw their models of whatever.
I'd agree Stik - a lot of the models I see at museums are of quite average quality. I think a lot of the time they've just been made up by a reasonably competant modeller to help with a display - certainly nothing better than I produce.

Mind you - I've also seen some mind-blowingly good ones too.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Drifter

Post by Drifter »

That just fried my brain. Is that figure real on page 7?
wjkunert
Advanced Member

Post by wjkunert »

Drifter wrote:That just fried my brain. Is that figure real on page 7?
Nope, it's a 1/12 scale figure of F1 racer Aryton Senna who was killed in a crash. He was killed in 1994 after having won 3 world driving championships. The guy who's building the car painted it. Pretty good work.
  When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
Drifter

Post by Drifter »

wjkunert wrote:
Drifter wrote:That just fried my brain. Is that figure real on page 7?
Nope, it's a 1/12 scale figure of F1 racer Aryton Senna who was killed in a crash. He was killed in 1994 after having won 3 world driving championships. The guy who's building the car painted it. Pretty good work.
I just LOL'd at your reply. :dancing:
wjkunert
Advanced Member

Post by wjkunert »

I was half asleep when I responded to your post. Guess I should be more alert.

Return to “Modeling Discussion”