Eduard kits

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Eduard kits

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Are they all that horrible? I know the newest Bf 109 is nothing to write about with issues being too long or too short. I'm hearing stories of FW190's are a pain to do and I just now read about the Bf 110 having terrible reviews due to fit problems. Aside from the Spitfire early and late kits, what about these kits I have on my wish list:

BF 110G-4 http://www.eduard.com/store/Eduard/Plas ... html?cur=2

FW 190A-6 http://www.eduard.com/store/Eduard/Plas ... html?cur=2

FW 190A-9 http://www.eduard.com/store/Eduard/Plas ... html?cur=2
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Re: Eduard kits

Post by LyleW »

I've found the 190 I tried to have fit issues, they are way to fiddly for me and my skill level. I won't be buying them any more, but that probably isn't a terrible indictment of them.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

From what I've heard and read, most of their kits are great. Unless it's a rebox of someone else's kit like the P-39.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

They probably are, but just not for me. I am too unskilled to build them. on the 190, the firewall/gun platform was about a 1/16" too wide and really distorted things. Thanks to Jamme for letting me know. They will build up to marvelous kits. As said in Men In Black....."Is it worth it?" Reply..."Oh, yeah, it's worth it. If you are strong enough!"
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
DoogsATX
Advanced Member

Post by DoogsATX »

The Spitfire and MiG-21 are the two best kits Eduard has made. IMO they blow anything else out of the water. The Hellcat isn't far behind, but has some fiddly aspects. Same I'd say with their 1/32 109s (cowl fit is the real pain with them).

Others are either very fiddly with a love of opened panels (190, 110) or overly simplistic to the point of being crude (Yak-3).
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

...not on your list, I know....but, the 1/72 110's were a blast to build. Good detail and no issues. Did 3 last year!

The 1/72 Mig-15 was also brilliant!

Have also done the Hellcat...GREAT!!!

That is the extent of my Eduard-ing (other than a/m goodies), but I do have a couple few more in the stash!
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Fermis - those are really nice builds!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Eduard have some very nice kits. I think their 1/48 Bf-109 G is the only kit where they really dropped the ball on some important measurements.
Some of the other kits like the 190 and 110 are known to be a bit fiddely but all the other stuff ranges from good to great.
This also goes for some of the more odd ball stuff like the Bf-108, Avia B.534 and Ki-115
ImageImageImageImageImage
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Hey, Fermis....good to see you took a break! Loved those builds.

Return to “Modeling Discussion”