PM Horten Ho-229

Post your completed aircraft here.
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

PM Horten Ho-229

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

A bit of a double post but not everybody visits the Luft 46 GB tread.

May I present you my Horten Ho-229:

The story, after the succesfull 20 july plot in 1944 Hitler was dead and replaced by a military junta. Altough the conspiritors had originally wanted to install a civil goverment they did not have the opportunity to do so. Firstly they had to clear the all fanatical nazis from the goverment. But more importantly, after the coup the US and UK launched Operation Unthinkable ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Unthinkable ). They brokered a peace with Germany and declared war on the USSR. Via the mediteranian sea they landed in Yougoslavy and attacked the USSR. The Germans on their part launched an offensive. One of the planes they used was the Horten Ho-229.
Altough the Horten was figther sized it was primarily used as a long rnge interdictor. The Horten proved to be an unstable gun platform so hitting fighter sized aircraft was out of the question. However bigger targets like bombers and recon planes where easy meat for the fast Horten. Modelled here is an early series of JG 54. Since the Nazi's where out of the goverment the Swastika was dropped. Furthermore, pilots now used "American" style kill markings.

The Horten was a wooden plane so I did vey little shading, only a few large panel lines with pastels. The loop arial is from a SH PE set.

The exhaust as don with GW paints and inks followed bu a graphite powder polish.

Build can be found here:

http://www.spamodeler.com/forum/viewtop ... f=44&t=155
ImageImageImageImageImage
mustang1989

Re: PM Horten Ho-229

Post by mustang1989 »

I love these birds! Camo looks great Borg!
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Thanks Mustang!

Yesterday I saw that there was a hole in the stand. So I filled it by making a small plaque by using a bit a styreen card and the PM decals.

ImageImageImageImageImage
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Well done, Borg. Well done.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Manny1943
Addicted Member

Post by Manny1943 »

Nice HO...

Return to “Completed Builds”