Post by CallSignOWL »

womp womp womp
Every take-off has a landing...some are just better than others
Manny1943
Addicted Member

Re: 1/72 Tamiya Zero's

Post by Manny1943 »

Fermis wrote:Hot off the bench!

Started on Friday...cockpit, fuse closed up, wings glued.
Saturday....sanded, painted, glossed
Sunday....decals
Today.....finished!

WIP is here....http://www.spamodeler.com/forum/viewtop ... f=20&t=627

A6M2b

:that:
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Very nice. Now, get some sleep Fermis. :)
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

Echoing the other sentiments....very well done. I like the Ame-hiro too. You may have said, but whats your formula for that. I use XF-76.

Joe
Can you fly this plane and land it? Surely you can't be serious? I am serious, and don't call me Shirley
Manny1943
Addicted Member

Post by Manny1943 »

In my book, your zeros are tens... :wub:
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Thanks again!

lawdog114 wrote:Echoing the other sentiments....very well done. I like the Ame-hiro too. You may have said, but whats your formula for that. I use XF-76.

Joe
I started with a mix of lt. ghost grey and RAF interior green (close for IJN grey/green)...painted it as though that would be the final color (shading and highlights), I then put about a drop of "Italian Sand" in a bit more than half an a/b paint cup of clear gloss and oversprayed, building the color up real slow.
Manny1943
Addicted Member

Post by Manny1943 »

Fermis wrote:Thanks again!

lawdog114 wrote:Echoing the other sentiments....very well done. I like the Ame-hiro too. You may have said, but whats your formula for that. I use XF-76.

Joe
I started with a mix of lt. ghost grey and RAF interior green (close for IJN grey/green)...painted it as though that would be the final color (shading and highlights), I then put about a drop of "Italian Sand" in a bit more than half an a/b paint cup of clear gloss and oversprayed, building the color up real slow.
Wish you would do another Japanese plane!!!
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Me needs four days to weather a pair of tires. And you do finish a pair of planes. :whiteflag:
Got some goblins living in the woods near your house that do the work while your head lies on the bench?

You're a man with some adorable skills, Fermis. Thanks for sharing them with us.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wait...what? Do it again, I blinked and missed it all!

Man, I can also build two planes in four days, but I'll be damned if I could ever get them to look that good! You are a true Master!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Manny1943
Addicted Member

Post by Manny1943 »

Fermis wrote:Thanks again!

Joe
That shade/tint/color has been the bane of many a Zero builder but I think you've nailed it down, especially on the A6M2 model...they both look great and there were variations in how dark the 'caramel' tint was on various planes... :bow:

Return to “Completed Builds”