M7 Priest Crew

Here is the place to show off the progress on your figurines and dioramas.
lawman56
Advanced Member

Re: M7 Priest Crew

Post by lawman56 »

Approaching a milestone, finally! Out of a crew of 6, I finished #4 this morning! #5 is almost done, and then I'll have one left to finally finish the Priest diorama. After #5 is finished and in place, the other 3 interior crew can be inserted. Obviously the radio operator is already in place.

He is probably, officially, known as an ammo handler/bearer, but I think "hernia causing big bullet carrier" is just as true..... :D
Joe

Illegitimi Non Carborundum
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Looking very good! Joe, I like your crew position names much more! :D
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
lawman56
Advanced Member

Post by lawman56 »

Finally, the end is near! I finished crewman #5 last night, and glued him into his seat this morning. I have to glue his arms on separate, since I've designed him to appear as if he's adjusting the traverse and elevation wheels. Once his arms are affixed, then I can permanently fix the other two crewmen on the left side. Then I'll temporarily place the right side crewman in his spot until I build #6, who will be slightly to the rear of the .50 Cal. ring. Last thing I'll do is place the .50 in it's mount. I have a penchant for snapping machine guns off, so I've learned to mount them last. :roll:

I guess, technically, he's the aimer, but I shall call him, "guy who turns little wheels to point big boom stick at bad guys". Maybe once I'm done, I'll list my creative crew names. Just in case anyone else needs to use them.... :lol:

Here's a rough idea of how the whole thing will look once completed.

Thanks for looking! :D
Joe

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

This guy must be a cousing to:

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
lawman56
Advanced Member

Post by lawman56 »

'tis but a scratch.....
Joe

lawman56
Advanced Member

Post by lawman56 »

Prior to driving myself insane attaching sesame seeds to my Freccia cowl, (see Freccia post), I decided to attach the right arm to my gun aimer. I figured he could use it more than my workbench.

Now he can do the wheely turny thing to make bad guys vaporize.

The holes you see in the floorboard are for mounting the rest of the crew. Just one more to go and this puppy is done!

As always, thanks for looking!
Joe

lawman56
Advanced Member

Post by lawman56 »

The Priest gets ever closer to becoming ordained! I've completed 5 out of 6 crewmen, and mounted 4 of them. I just need to do a little grave robbing to find the right body parts for one more. Then we are done!

Here's all the figures on the left side of the diorama mounted and fixed in place.

The figures all have a short piece of metal rod that I clipped from a paperclip super glued into a hole drilled in one of their feet. Then the crewman was white glued into the corresponding hole I had previously drilled into the vehicle, (see previous post). I use white glue because it will hold them well, but if I bang it or decide to replace someone, it does minimal to no damage to the vehicle or figure.

Here's a closer view of the crew on the left side of the gun tube.

Thanks for looking!
Joe

Return to “Work In Progress: Figures and Dios”