Ace Combat, 1/72

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Re: Ace Combat, 1/72

Post by CallSignOWL »

pretty busy yesterday, Ive got all three planes airbrushed now

the f-16 is waiting on the red trim to dry, then it will be masked over for the black markings

the 15 however, I will need to travel to the LHS for a new jar of blue. Here is the white trim for the wing flash
Every take-off has a landing...some are just better than others
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

CallSignOWL wrote:
Stikpusher wrote:Once again Miss Owl, your work in Braille Scale is quite impressive! :twisted:
shoot, Ive been building so many 1/72 subjects that if you give me a jet in 1/48 I might not know what to do with myself!! :shoot:
I know that feeling. I actually did build a 1/48 scale aircraft... twice, for a friend who requested them. It was definitely an eye-opening experience.

Your model painting is excellent. That is a brilliant job on the masking and painting. I also tend to let a large group of models accumulate at the painting stage so I can do them all at the same time too for the same reason.

And I apologize for the lack of comments too. Sometimes lately, I barely have time to look in, much less post a comment, but I always love looking in on your work.

Looking forward to seeing more, and hopefully I'll have time to post more comments.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

Duke Maddog wrote:
I know that feeling. I actually did build a 1/48 scale aircraft... twice, for a friend who requested them. It was definitely an eye-opening experience.

Your model painting is excellent. That is a brilliant job on the masking and painting. I also tend to let a large group of models accumulate at the painting stage so I can do them all at the same time too for the same reason.

And I apologize for the lack of comments too. Sometimes lately, I barely have time to look in, much less post a comment, but I always love looking in on your work.

Looking forward to seeing more, and hopefully I'll have time to post more comments.

Ill be looking foward to them!

I do hope it warms up soon, Id like to practice more with my airbrush. The painting you guys do on here is inspiring!
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

Fantastic work...

Joe
Can you fly this plane and land it? Surely you can't be serious? I am serious, and don't call me Shirley
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Lovely work on both of those builds - The cockpit in the F-15 has been really nicely done!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

thank you! Cockpits are one of my most favorite parts of a build. So. much. detail!
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

I was able to run by the LHS yesterday and nabbed me some new paint. A quick A/B session finished up the birds

ooooh, fancy

clear coat and decals at the next!
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

:wub:
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »