Testor's 1/72 B-2 / F-117 Combo

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
LyleW
Admin

Re: Testor's 1/72 B-2 / F-117 Combo

Post by LyleW »

BsYamato wrote:You have put on the B-2 all putty/glue types avaible on this earth :yikes:
Next time start a simply Me-232 from italeri :lol: :lol: :lol:
Probably true! But I had about a 1 inch seam pop this morning. More thing CA in that crevas.

I have a 262 and oddly enough, many years ago I had one that was a paint/putty mule! Probably the Monogram given the time frame.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

JimD wrote:I'm almost impressed with the fact that you're going to be allowed to show off a build in the family room as I am with your persistence on this one.

Just reading "Testors tune glue" set off some memories lol. I can almost smell it.
Don't get too excited, Jim. It is in the basement. This was one that Pam specifically asked for so I had to buy it.....
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I've :whiteflag: on the sanding and filling. First time I have brought out the A/B in quite some time. I only hope I've mixed enough color for this beast. The underside was about two cups on the a/b.

Still a bit damp in the last picture. Probably have to go over it again!
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

:headbang: Paint is Tamiya acrylic - xf54 dark sea gray, about 40% xf-1 flat black, and some xf17, flat dark sea blue (i'm close to out on the black!). Like an :oops: doofus, I did forget completely to thin the paint! Went on straight out of the bottle. Went on very nicely, though...in spite of me! :yahoo:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

at 120 psi anything will spray out! :nono: about 15psi? hard to tell. I guess ignorance was bliss in this case. sprayed beautifully.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

it is one thing to be somewhat of a perfectionist, or to at least want it to be presentable....if you have the skills to pull it off! Well see if I should have left "good enough" alone! the more I looked at the wheel doors and bomb bay door, I could not let that pass.

Has sort of a "Prussian Lettering" look, don't you think? :chair:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Maybe that is why it won't set?!! That be Mr. Dissolved Putty dispensed from a pipette. Thought I'd try that!

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”