Monogram 1/48 TBD-1

Post your completed aircraft here.
Stikpusher

Monogram 1/48 TBD-1

Post by Stikpusher »

I completed this one last year as part of a GB elsewhere. I added a lot of scrathbuilt details as well as generic USN PE stuff to dress up this classic. In my eyes, this kit wears its age well, being that it is nearly 40 years old. Markings are from Eagle Strike for a TBD off of USS Yorktown at the Battle of The Coral Sea in May 1942, the TBD's hour of glory in sinking HIJMS Shoho with 7 torpedo hits.

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Re: Monogram 1/48 TBD-1

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Shark. Monogram has not released the TBD in a few years. Just a guess, but I bet it is gonna be released again not too far in the distant future, seeing how they have been re issuing nearly all their of their old kits. IIRC, Squadron made a vac form canopy for it, and I think Falcon has a TBD canopy in one of their sets as well.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
nathant
Advanced Member

Post by nathant »

Good to see this one again. This is my favorite Monogram kit, and you did it justice.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you Nathan. It really is a classic kit in every sense of the word.

FLSM
BGB

Post by BGB »

Hello,

That's a coollooking TBD-1

Cheers
Boris
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you Boris. I am glad to hear that you like it.

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Stik, ah likes it a lot! that was a great build....is your avatar Billy Ray Cyrus?
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

She's a real beaut Carlos!! That sun bleached paint looks great!!

Return to “Completed Builds”