B-29A Korean War Academy 1/72

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
BsYamato
Addicted Member

B-29A Korean War Academy 1/72

Post by BsYamato »

A sense of disease when i think to re-post sunderland and condor steps again :? fortunately on the B-29 few steps done and a brief resume is possible. Latest works i did yesterday

The Boxart

for sprues just go here in the wip gallery withouth posting again and steal too space with pictures

http://s405.photobucket.com/user/bsyama ... t=3&page=3

The already glued pieces

Prepared inner bomb bay surfaces , filling gaps of wings root with plastic sheet and tamiya putty, then starting to cut structure stripes from plastic sheets. Horizontal strips have a single layer, the verticals have two to differencies their height

complete structure

The central wings structure closed by plastic stripes

Wings assembly, too late i think to put wedges helping the flaps sections assembly :(

not perfect but will resolve later

Start to filling the wells with inner structures

And closed the front hole of engine gondola. Helping with one of gears to test the piece fitting. Also holed the gear compass

resolving last structures, now ready for wiring

Engine cowling thinned

the wing with all nacelles glued, some gap to fill

wiring the bomb bay with two different sections of electrical wires

That's all for now :)
LyleW
Admin

Re: B-29A korean war academy 1/72

Post by LyleW »

I love to see your detail work, my friend. Makes me want to try it.....Nah, I'd just cut myself or glue flesh together.

Good to see this one again.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BsYamato
Addicted Member

Post by BsYamato »

When i glue metal parts ,CA glue become my second skin :lol: :lol:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Very good to see this one again BSY! The loss of your old work, and plenty of others like it on the old site, was really what upset me most! I am very happy to see you re post it here! I need to do the same for my Marauder build.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

LyleW wrote:I love to see your detail work, my friend. Makes me want to try it.....Nah, I'd just cut myself or glue flesh together.

Lyle, you really do need to try it! It is not that difficult at all, and while it looks intricate, it is quite simple to actually do.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Thomas_M
Admin

Re: B-29A Korean War Academy 1/72

Post by Thomas_M »

Thanks for re-posting this here again, BS! :P

Happy to simply glueing given parts together I am amazed on what additional detail you are able to create!
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Stikpusher wrote:
LyleW wrote:I love to see your detail work, my friend. Makes me want to try it.....Nah, I'd just cut myself or glue flesh together.

Lyle, you really do need to try it! It is not that difficult at all, and while it looks intricate, it is quite simple to actually do.
I may, when I can actually get some time at the bench. Hope to retire in about 4.5 months... I'm tired of getting up at 5 a.m. every morning, getting home between 5:30 and 7:30, depending and going to bed at 9.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I hear ya. I hit 25 years on the job on the 31st of last month. Technicaly I could retire now, but the pension percentage is not great. But in a bit over a year when I turn 50 that changes a bit and when I hit 30 years on it changes again (dont ask me how they figured out the pension calculation formula but it is based upon time on the job and age in seperate catagories- mandatory retirement at 60 except for top brass). In any case, 5 years goes by at in my life now and I can see teh light ahead at the end of the tunnel... not like you with one year or so to go....

FLSM
BGB

Post by BGB »

Hello,

Wery nice extra work om that bird!

Cheers
Boris
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Stikpusher wrote:...and I can see teh light ahead at the end of the tunnel...
Don´t go into the light, Stik! Play it safe that it´s really a tunnel, not... :shock:

;)

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”