The Duke Completes Five More Armor

Here is the place to show of your finished armor products.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

The Duke Completes Five More Armor

Post by Duke Maddog »

This brings me up to 680 completed armor models now.

Let me start with a couple artillery pieces for my Italian and Russian Armies.

This first gun is a rather toy-like re-pop from Water 1815 done by Italeri for wargame armies. I got it because th4e figures looked good ion the kit and this is the only way I was going to get a heavy gun in 1/72 scale for my Italian Army. Here it is completed and ready for delivery:

I'll finish the troops up later, but this gun at least is completed.

Next, My Russian Army took delivery of a couple pieces. First was this BS-3 anti-tank gun from ACE. I had lost this model some months back and even questioned whether I had actually started it at all. Then I found it after my extensive Hobby Room Cleanup. Here it is all completed:

The second thing my Russian Army got was this T-90 tank with the welded turret. This model is from Modelcollect and has a metal hull. It went together like a dream. I'm glad to have this in my collection:

Next, my US Marines received this LAV-25. This was a Trumpeter kit that I got from my IPMS club's Distressed Kit Auction. It was "severely started" as we like to say; a pic of the contents of the box can be seen in my Maddog Manufacturing Thread. This was finished completely without instructions as they were missing in the kit when I got it:

I noticed I had a floating wheel back there. That got fixed already.

Finally, my US Army took delivery of my M-65 Atomic Annie. This is the Dragon Black Label kit and I've been working on this for awhile. This has been one of my Holy Grails and now I have it in my collection:

These are five of the seven models I completed this week. The other two can be found in the Ships Forums, so feel free to go check them out as well. Meanwhile, thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Thomas_M
Admin

Re: The Duke Completes Five More Armor

Post by Thomas_M »

Five of seven models completed this week??? Duke, that´s unbelievable.I glued seven pieces of a kit this week... :sad:
Where do you put all these? A museum of your own with public access?
gino b2
Advanced Member

Post by gino b2 »

great work duke !
I love that m65 !
gino
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Mark I would be overjoyed to finish five models in five months, let alone five weeks. But all these in one week? :hmm: :shoutout: Well done my friend.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thomas_M wrote:Five of seven models completed this week??? Duke, that´s unbelievable.I glued seven pieces of a kit this week... :sad:
Where do you put all these? A museum of your own with public access?
Thanks Thomas! I have one room of a two-bedroom condo that is all mine. I have floor-to-ceiling shelves along two walls and about 65 of my largest aircraft hanging on my ceiling. My shelves are packed already so many models are being stacked on top of each other.... carefully of course. Larger models like my Dora, my Panzerzup BP-44 and Saturn V remain packed in boxes or crates since I have no space to display them. I do allow anyone to see my room if they are willing to come by.

Thanks Gino! That M-65 was one of my Holy Grails. I just noticed I still have to take the window masking off that model. DOH! :hissy: :headslap: I'll get that done and shoot better pics.

Thanks Carlos! To be fair, many of these had been in progress for months, and in one case a year or more. I was just able to bring them all to the finish line this week.

Stay tuned for more; I hope to finish up a few more next week and then I can start on some more models!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Great stuff Duke,

And I can only agree to my fellow modellers!

Pleasure to follow the finalized products of your huge factory!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Kari! I'm glad to see you following my exploits.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Hey Mark, have you seen that Dragon announced a new 1/72 M103?

it would look real good by Atomic Annie... :lashed: :stirpot:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Carlos, I have seen that. It is certainly on the short list of models to get. It had been panned on the Braille Scale Forums, but I'm getting it and building it OOB anyway.

Now if they'd only shrink down their M-51 and Patriot Missile system down to 1/72 scale; I'd be thrilled!

And now, I know everyone has already commented, but I'm posting pics of Annie again, this time after the window masking is removed. Now, she is truly finished:

Enjoy the new pics!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Ah - I did wonder.

As before - that's a great looking build Duke - and certainly a new type on me.

Cheers!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Completed Builds: Armor”