"MiG Alley" in 1/48 scale

Post your completed aircraft here.
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

"MiG Alley" in 1/48 scale

Post by Gary Brantley »

Way back around 1987, maybe '88, I bought the 1/48 Monogram kit that had both the F-86 and the MiG-15. A Michaels store was closing nearby and had all their models on close out prices. I know both of these classics have been better done by other manufacturers, but I thought some folks might like to see how they turn out. Both were photographed at the Cameron Municipal Airport. If I recall correctly, the F-86 might've been one of the very first planes I took to the airport. I know I used my first digital camera, a Sony Cybershot. It was done in SnJ Aluminium, while the MiG-15 was painted with Floquil Old Silver. Please click on the pics to see full size.

North American F-86F. "Mike's Bird"

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15

Thanks for taking the time to look them over. I've been a long time away from building, but I'm back! Retirement has left me with lot's of time, although I do have a lot of "irons in the fire". I've just resumed work on a Revell A6-E TRAM that I started in July '13!. I hope I have some pics of her soon. Of course, at the airport! I hope to see more of you guys around here in my future.
Gary
Paul
Addicted Member

Re: "MiG Alley" in 1/48 scale

Post by Paul »

bunch of good looking birds
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yes, those two look mighty fine indeed! Your base and the airport setting just top off the super builds.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

I can not disagree with them guys!
Had you not said Monogram, I don't think I would have known (on the 86 at least). Beautiful job on that one...the Mig aint nothin to sneeze at either!

:shoutout: :shoutout:
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Gary great builds on both. Like the airport background
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Thanks dudes! You all made my day, it's been a bit ,uh, rocky lately. :roll: I'm hoping to have something new to photograph and post soon. The Revell A6-E is coming right along. It bloody well should be...I started it in July 2013. :wow: Thanks again my friends!
Gary
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Texgunner wrote:Thanks dudes! You all made my day, it's been a bit ,uh, rocky lately. :roll: I'm hoping to have something new to photograph and post soon. The Revell A6-E is coming right along. It bloody well should be...I started it in July 2013. :wow: Thanks again my friends!
Gary
Wonderful birds Tex! 2013? I guess it's better late than never, right? :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Thanks so much Blacksheep! Yeah, it's been a long time coming, and frankly, a great relief when it's finished. I'm anxious to take her to the airport! I gotta get some new pics someday. I had to order a new bottle of MM dark ghost gray when I found mine had dried up in the interim. A phone call to Kings Hobby in Austin and the guys there came through, and a package with 5 bottles of different colors arrived yesterday. I have a little "squaring away" to do in my study and then it's time to fire up the Model H and squirt some enamel!
Thanks again for your post BS. :grin:
Saltydog

Post by Saltydog »

Looks good from here Tex!
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Saltydog wrote:Looks good from here Tex!
Thanks Salty! I'm glad you like 'em! :grin:

Return to “Completed Builds”