695 Now Done...Five More To Go.

Here is the place to show of your finished armor products.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

695 Now Done...Five More To Go.

Post by Duke Maddog »

Well, despite my setbacks, I have slowly been able to move forward. I now have a total of 695 completed small scale vehicles. Here are the last five completed to date.

I'll start with two models I finished some time ago but forget to post when they were done. This first one is the 1/72 scale Roden Ludwig Areo bus done up as a Luftwaffe officer's transport bus:

I finally got the civilian version of this bus that I'll try to start once I recover from my surgery.

Next is the 1/72 scale Roden Vomag 7 bus that I did in the green scheme that is offered as one of the options:

Now moving on to my most recent vehicles, here is my 1/72 scale Revell of Germany TPz 1 Fuchs wheeled APC:

Next up is my 1/72 scale Revell of Germany GTF Boxer APC:

And finally, my 1/72 scale Revell of Germany GTF Boxer Command vehicle:

And there they are. Now all I have to do is finish another five and I'll finally achieve my next milestone. I do hope I can do it soon.

That's all for now. Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Re: 695 Now Done...Five More To Go.

Post by Stikpusher »

Nice batch of five rollers there Mark! You are just about there to your milestone mark! Bravo!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Carlos! I'd been wanting to get to that milestone sooner, but it'll happen eventually. I appreciate the compliment. I'm so thrilled to have them on my shelf now.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Well done, Duke! Now let's see you hit the 700 milestone before the New Year! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :lashed:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

BlackSheep214 wrote:Well done, Duke! Now let's see you hit the 700 milestone before the New Year! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :lashed:
:that: :stirpot: :clockwatch: :giggles:

:hmm:

Looking at the Boxer, it has a modern sci fi look to it... kind of reminds me of the APC in "Aliens"....
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Blacksheep! I don't think I'll make it to 700 before the New Year. It might be a few months down the line. Of course, that ll depends on my hand and Life itself.

Thanks Carlos! I agree about the Boxer. It does have that Sci-Fi kinda look. Maybe they took inspiration from the "Aliens" movie...

Another thing that makes these Boxers so advanced: the rear part of these vehicles is modularized. Whenever they need more of a type of vehicle, they just lift the rear module out and replace it with one that fits the mission. Pretty wild!

Thanks again for the great replies guys!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Congratulations Duke,

6 9 5 is already a really respectful number !

The Luftwaffes officers bus looks really good! My favorite of these 5

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Kari! I appreciate it. I am looking forward to getting 700 completed. Once I get the last five built; I'll take the whole collection down to a local hall that a friend of mine manages. There I'll set everything up on tables and shoot a few huge pictures of the entire collection of small scale vehicles all together.

I'm glad you like the Officer's bus. Most people like the big Vomag, mostly because of it's size. I love the color on the Vomag myself.

Stay tuned, I hope to have more done soon.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

The green on the Vomag bus reminds me of the Polezei cars... :hmm:

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Interesting. I didn't know they were the same color. Then again, these buses were supposedly used by the Reichspost or something like that. That's government I'm guessing.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “Completed Builds: Armor”