700 Now Done...Last Five Are Here and Done.

Here is the place to show of your finished armor products.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

700 Now Done...Last Five Are Here and Done.

Post by Duke Maddog »

Okay, after all this time and a few setbacks, I have finally achieved a milestone. It took me three years to go from 545 military vehicles completed models, (the last time I took a group shot) to the 700 total completed vehicles now.

Here they are in no particular order:

Hasegawa 1/72 scale German K-5 Leopold Rail Gun:

Aoshima 1/72 scale Japanese MCV Prototype Vehicle:

Aoshima Japanese Patriot PAC II SAM system:

Modelcollect 1/72 scale US Army M-983 HEMTT Tractor with Pershing II Missile system:

Modelcollect 1/72 scale Russian BM-30 SMERCH MLRS:

That's my last five I needed to complete to make it to 700. Now I'll be packing these up and getting ready for another group shot of the entire collection.

Oh, and just for fun, here's a fun shot I took of Leopold next to Atomic Annie to show the size comparison. They never saw each other in reality, but it is a cool pic:

One final note, more like a request. I'll be taking the Group Shots of the entire collection from up high and with the4 camera zoomed in as much as I can. These will of course make huge pictures, but I want to allow anyone viewing these to be able to see some detail and make out as many of the vehicles as possible. I just need to know where I could possibly upload and host a few of them so that I can post them in other places for people to see. Any suggestions welcome.

Meanwhile, enjoy the parade of these last five models and thanks for looking in. Comments are always welcome.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Re: 700 Now Done...Last Five Are Here and Done.

Post by Stikpusher »

Many congratulations to you my friend on reaching this milestone!!!! Some great work there!!!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Carlos! As I plan on announcing at the AMPS meeting this month; I'll be bringing all 700 vehicle models down to the Hall for Hobby Day Friday and putting the entire collection on display and to take pics of the whole group together. If you are free to stop in, I do hope you can make it. If not, I guess you'll have to wait till the pics get posted. Personally, I cannot wait to get these pics!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Five stunning builds and congratulations on your milesto e Duke - I'm looking forward to seeing your group shot!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Paul
Addicted Member

Post by Paul »

Mark, the biggest thing I see here is the great advances you have made in the fit and finish of your builds. Truly impressive.,
Kudos on the milestone.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Well done! Better late than never, Duke. I'll be looking forward to seeing the pics. Although, I'd love to fly out and see them in person. :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks for the great replies guys! I am honored and thrilled to see them here.

Paul, I'm honored by your words. I have tried to improve some, but I still insist on trying to finish my models quickly. I hate having things linger on the bench!

Blacksheep, I would love to see you here looking at this collection in person! Give me another month; I'll have pics up then!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Congratulations Duke,

really respectful number !

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Kari! It took awhile, but I achieved it.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Mark if you can send me the info regarding Hobby Day, I may be able to swing by. My oldest is throwing a bridal shower at our house on that day so I have to be out early. To kill time, I was planning on a visit to both Brookhurst and Military Hobbies prior to the AMPS meeting.... Hobby Day may be just what I need to finish filling the time....
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Completed Builds: Armor”