P-47N Miss Ceasar, 1/48

Post your completed aircraft here.
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

P-47N Miss Ceasar, 1/48

Post by CallSignOWL »

I just realized that I hadn't shared this one here, and Im setting about to correct that mistake!

This is the Academy offering, in 1/48 scale. I didnt much like the supplied offerings, but luckily I had a spare decal sheet. The NMF was a combination of rattle can silver, and various panels picked out with aluminum.

I gave this model out as a gift to my high school teacher who first got me interested in aircraft modeling---to say he was touched was an understatement!

Without further ado, enter in "Miss Caesar."

Every take-off has a landing...some are just better than others
Paul
Addicted Member

Re: P-47N Miss Ceasar, 1/48

Post by Paul »

That looks real good Owl. I really like the finish and the war weary look. One question though. Why use a wing tank for the belly?
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

Paul wrote:That looks real good Owl. I really like the finish and the war weary look. One question though. Why use a wing tank for the belly?
I think thats what teh instructions had you mount, but Ive seen plenty of Jugs with tanks on the belly
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

CallSignOWL wrote:
Paul wrote:That looks real good Owl. I really like the finish and the war weary look. One question though. Why use a wing tank for the belly?
I think thats what teh instructions had you mount, but Ive seen plenty of Jugs with tanks on the belly
The thing is that there where special belly tanks and this looks like a wing tank.

Anyway, like the build, especially the nmf finish.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Adam
Advanced Member

Post by Adam »

Nice one Owl. That flat metal finish looks realistic.
It's up to you how much money you want to spend and how many new words you want to create "correcting" something.
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

BorgR3mc0 wrote:
CallSignOWL wrote: I think thats what teh instructions had you mount, but Ive seen plenty of Jugs with tanks on the belly
The thing is that there where special belly tanks and this looks like a wing tank.

Anyway, like the build, especially the nmf finish.

Adam
Advanced Member

Post by Adam »

Yeah, but that isn't the same thing. The belly really hung low and they developed a special flat tank for the P-47.

What you are showing in the pics is a 75 gallon tank and what is under the belly of your P-47 is a 90 gallon tank mostly used on P-38's.

I'm not being an ass, I'm just telling you. :happens:

Still looks good!
It's up to you how much money you want to spend and how many new words you want to create "correcting" something.
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

Looks great owl. Very convincing NMF. Thanks for sharing.

Joe
Can you fly this plane and land it? Surely you can't be serious? I am serious, and don't call me Shirley
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I was just looking at my Academy N kit today. The instructions show you can use either of those tank types on the centerline. The N was equipped with those tanks for their long range overwater missions in the PTO. Usually the larger teardrop ones were carried in pair under the wings on the pylons.

Nice build Owl :that: I like the war wearly look as well.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

That is a jaw-dropping finish! Marvelicient....
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Completed Builds”