Jaguar and a Tornado, 1/72

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Jaguar and a Tornado, 1/72

Post by CallSignOWL »

Got this kit at an el cheapo price from a club member. I dont have many kits outside of the standard fare (f-16, p-51, etc) and so I decided to crack this one open, and get some diversity going!

Box pic

Hooray 70's tech? Blerg. I get what I pay for!

Talk about a simple tooling. Not much detail here. Fingers crossed the fit is decent!! Thanks, airfix... :stinky:

Cockpit detail consisted of two slabs and a misshapen chair. At least the pilot was halfway decent.

off to the spares box!
nabbed a cockpit tub and seat...

with the pilot in place it's passable

A bit of trimming was required to get the tub to sit nicely between the fuselage halves but no major gaps--EXCEPT in teh freakin' front gear bay!! Its just a shallow depression molded with each fuselage half. Thanks, airfix. :chair:

more soon :)
Last edited by CallSignOWL on Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Every take-off has a landing...some are just better than others
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: Airfix BAC Jaguar, 1/72

Post by Stuart »

Aahhhhh got to love those old Airfix kits.....which actually I do 'cause I'm mad! :bye: that's why I have three of their Tornado's in the stash when everyone says they're rubbish.

You've done a really nice job of that pit - I keep meaning to get a Jaguar, looking forward to seeing you give it your usualflair!

Cheers

Stuart
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

Nice work so far.

Joe
Can you fly this plane and land it? Surely you can't be serious? I am serious, and don't call me Shirley
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Owl, you will get 'er done!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Old Airfix kit are great for modelling, cheap, the basics are often okay but a lot of room for improvement. I like what you have done with the cockpit. You could add some more visual interest to the pilot by giving him a wash, that will accentuate the shaded areas.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Owl, as you said:
Hooray 70's tech? Blerg. I get what I pay for!
Indeed, this is it! So, why blame Airfix for this? Look at this magnificent box art! Good in the 70´s and good today. Only, the standard of moulding has improved. So, take it as is, at least you don´t need (get...) any aftermarket stuff for this one. :wink:

I have no fear that you won´t finish this one to a great looking kit!
BsYamato
Addicted Member

Post by BsYamato »

Well done till now miss :)
Jaguar are one of my favourite modern planes. Fortunately i fill the gap in my stash with the two seated hasegawa kit :wink: i'm fine with the old airfix with mig-23, viggen , super etendard and buccaneer (this last a really good kit and a perfect base for high detail).

Follow
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I love old Airfix models. I also built this some decades ago. Your cockpit looks far better of course; then again, I was just a kid when I did mine. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your fine work!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Manny1943
Addicted Member

Post by Manny1943 »

The RoG one in 72nd is really nice!!!
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

Manny1943 wrote:The RoG one in 72nd is really nice!!!
I might have to snag that next I see one
Every take-off has a landing...some are just better than others

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”