DML Dragon Hetzer Tank Destroyer Early 1:35

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
Kermit
Advanced Member

DML Dragon Hetzer Tank Destroyer Early 1:35

Post by Kermit »

Hi Ho!
Everyone still recuperating from all the christmas food and drink? :tongue:

Ok listen up! Santa has been very kind to me this year, erroneously thinking i might have been a good froggie :what: . Underneath the tree yesterday morning i found no less than three shiny Dragon boxes of armored goodness! One of which is the kit i am presenting to you:

This dragon kit may be starting to show a little ageing amongst the great, newer tool offerings by Tamyia and Academy but still looks good once finished and it does come with a small sprue of PE. And besides, you cant beat the pricetag (xmas gift) on this one! :lol:
Inside the box we find a rather low parts count. The vast majority being track links

There is something about the hetzer that has always attracted me. Small pz.38 chassis with a big menacing 75mm gun perhaps.... or maybe the no frills approach of the design... who knows. I like em alot!

Have not decided on a paint scheme yet but i did do an ambush scheme on another one i built a few years back and this time i might try an all dark yellow one or winter whitewash.... to be determined. Hope you guys like my choice and will enjoy following this build :winkgrin:
LyleW
Admin

Re: DML Dragon Hetzer Tank Destroyer Early 1:35

Post by LyleW »

Cool. judging from the pic, battle--worn rust would be a good scheme.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

I cannot pass a Hetzer build for sure! The sleek line of this hunting tank are, as you said, attractive. This Dragon kit may not be the newest kid on the block but it still is a great kit!

And now get the glue out, Kermit!
Kermit
Advanced Member

Post by Kermit »

Sir yes sir!
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Kermit wrote:Sir yes sir!

(Waited for ages to make use of this emoticon!)...
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

and perfect it is!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Kermit
Advanced Member

Post by Kermit »

24 hours later i am nearing completion of the initial assembly. This kit just literally falls together!

One mishap occurred though.... The box was missing one of the mounting supports of the two return rollers. :Bur2: So i am forced to be creative and scratch my own replacement. So off to the spares box i went. I am trying to copy the grey part in the picture. We will see how my carving skills will do on this... :shutup:

Thanks for stopping by
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

I´d try a simple piece of plastic rod; shouldn´t be visible behind the track and the skirts.
Kermit
Advanced Member

Post by Kermit »

You are right Thomas, thats why i do not freak out about it. Might as well have some fun and challenge myself copying the part. If all else fails i can just use any kind of stick shaped thing ;)
Kermit
Advanced Member

Post by Kermit »

Sunday morning with a cup of coffee i started scraping and sanding away. Think i came pretty close no? Still slightly oversized but i figured it would help to attach it now and adapt on the model as it is becoming too small to hold in between my fingers.

Cramp!!! :shocked:

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”